FAQ: Should I use using namespace std in my code? ←(in the new Super-FAQ)
It's in Section: Coding standards:
- FAQ: What are some good C++ coding standards?
- FAQ: Are coding standards necessary? Are they sufficient?
- FAQ: Should our organization determine coding standards from our C experience?
- FAQ: What's the difference between <xxx> and <xxx.h> headers?
- FAQ: Should I use using namespace std in my code? (this FAQ)
- FAQ: Is the ?: operator evil since it can be used to create unreadable code?
- FAQ: Should I declare locals in the middle of a function or at the top?
- FAQ: What source-file-name convention is best? foo.cpp? foo.C? foo.cc?
- FAQ: What header-file-name convention is best? foo.H? foo.hh? foo.hpp?
- FAQ: Are there any lint-like guidelines for C++?
- FAQ: Why do people worry so much about pointer casts and/or reference casts?
- FAQ: Which is better: identifier names that_look_like_this or identifier names thatLookLikeThis?
- FAQ: Are there any other sources of coding standards?
- FAQ: Should I use "unusual" syntax?
- FAQ: What's a good coding standard for using global variables?