Section: Inheritance — proper inheritance and substitutability ←(in the new Super-FAQ)
- FAQ: Should I hide member functions that were public in my base class?
- FAQ: Errors trying to convert Derived** → Base**?
- FAQ: Is a parking-lot-of-Car a kind-of parking-lot-of-Vehicle?
- FAQ: Is an array of Derived a kind-of array of Base?
- FAQ: Does array-of-Derived is-not-a-kind-of array-of-Base mean arrays are bad?
- FAQ: Is a Circle a kind-of an Ellipse?
- FAQ: Are there other options to the "Circle is/isnot kind-of Ellipse" dilemma?
- FAQ: Why does this Circle-kind-of-Ellipse problem seem confusing?
- FAQ: Perhaps Ellipse should inherit from Circle then?
- FAQ: But my problem doesn't have anything to do with circles and ellipses, so what good is that silly example to me?
- FAQ: How could "it depend"??!? Aren't terms like "Circle" and "Ellipse" defined mathematically?
- FAQ: Is SortedList a kind-of List?